I think I will blog about moments...

Saturday, August 2, 2008

a friend moment

I had the opportunity yesterday to work on a project with a colleague. I had been around this person a few times before and most of the time I came away from those encounters thinking that this person didn't like me. I didn't know why. I had searched my brain and couldn't come up with anything that I might have said or done to offend. In the past, my efforts toward friendship seemed to be in vain. Yesterday began no differently. Try as I might to be cordial; I sensed coldness in return.

The activity that we were involved in required us, at one point, to drive from one venue to another in separate vehicles. As I drove, I prayed. I began with, "I don't want to be around this person ever again. Can you make that happen God?" But soon I was saying, "I don't mean that. Whatever the barrier between us, can you remove it?"

Who knows, maybe the same prayer was being said in the other car...about me. Maybe I was the problem. Maybe I'm not as wonderful as I think! I don't know who changed or what changed, but what I found on the other end of that five minute drive was a friend. Prayer changes things.

No comments: