I think I will blog about moments...

Monday, August 25, 2008

anniversary moment

Wanda and I have enjoyed watching the Olympics together over the last two weeks. We have cheered for our favorites, celebrated their victories, and been bummed out over their losses. There were times when we threw up our hands in disgust over the poor efforts of those who were "supposed to win" and didn't (okay, that was just me doing that). We have also celebrated the efforts of those who came to compete; those who sacrificed and gave it their all knowing they had no shot at the medal podium.

I think the most exciting thing for me was to see a world record fall, no matter the winner. It was best when it was a record that had stood for 15 or 20 years. You knew that it took a special athlete and a special performance to better a standard that had stood the test of time and had beaten all challengers...until now.

Tomorrow - August 26, 2008 - is the 8th anniversary of my marriage to my sweet little girl, Wanda. I know, I know, that's far from a world record but it's a new record for me! It's my all time personal best! Two other marriages (that produced the three best children ever) that couldn't go the distance. I can blame no one except myself and my previous spouses.

Eight wonderful years and I can thank and praise no one except Jesus. Thank you Jesus for sending me Wanda. Thank you Wanda for loving Jesus first and me second.

Jesus gets the gold...Wanda the silver...I don't care if I make the podium, I just want to give you both my best for another year.

1 comment:

Yellow Sun Soaps said...

Mike and I just celebrated our all time personal best too! Congratulations to you and Wanda! Isn't it great when God brings you together as opposed to 'winging it' on your own.