I think I will blog about moments...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

missed moments

My last blog post is dated February 9, 2009.  It has been 9 months since I posted anything and so much has happened in those months.

My oldest daughter was in a relationship that ended and her heart was broken. She moved from Seattle, Washington to Hunter, Oklahoma to live with my wife and I for a while and then that ended abruptly and badly and she left.  I love her.  I miss her.  I have regrets. 

My youngest daughter's life has been disrupted as well.  In those nine months she has moved from Dallas, Oregon, to Hunter, Oklahoma, to Houston, Texas, back to Hunter, and then to Oklahoma City where she is a 19 year old freshman at OCU.  It is a joy and a blessing for me to be able to spend time with her each week. 

My wife, Wanda, went back to work for the first time since we moved to Hunter nearly three years ago.  She has also "officially" taken the lead in the children's after school programs at both churches.  (She was really doing it even when I was around.)  She is finally finding her way here.  She is busier and she is happier. 

As for me, I have made a committment to change some old habits and get healthy.  I have lost a little over 100 pounds since May.  I am getting some exercise.  I am much more active in every area of my life and I feel good again.  Thanks to the Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church, I have returned to school to finish my bachelor's degree and I am truly enjoying the experience.

That's just the major things that come to me at this moment.  So many major things, yet in nine months I didn't see one moment worth writing about?  Hopefully I recognized the important moments at the times they were happening and gave them the attention that they deserved, and hopefully I will recognize at least one moment a week to blog about in the future.    

3 comments:

BekkaRai said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much things can change in a short time... We don't always take the time to write about them at the time - but I think we always get around to it eventually.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on losing 100lbs. That is no easy accomplishment and definitely one you should celebrate. Keep up the amazing work.

cupcake said...

Steve, I really enjoy reading your blog... it makes me glad to know you. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I too have had some problems with my eldest daughter that are not resolved. I hope to read about a happy reunion soon.