I think I will blog about moments...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

a deadline moment

It seems that there is always a deadline.  Right now I have to write a blog post.  I enjoy blogging.  I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others and reading what others have to say.  But, right now it's just another deadline that I have to meet.  This one for my PR class.  (I really do like this Mandy.)  I had a deadline that I had to meet today for my computer class as well.

I just received an email from my boss (not God, he doesn't email me) about a deadline for some reports that are due.  I have a deadline for getting some new tires on the car before we can go home for Thanksgiving.  I really want to be deer hunting right now because there is a deadline for that as well, as the season will end soon.  Sunday is always coming and a meaningful sermon needs to be prepared before then.  The Advent and Christmas seasons are upon us.  The end of this semester is near.  Deadlines...in this moment - as I look at my day, my week, my month, my life - I see an endless string of deadlines. 

I like to know the meanings of words so I keep a dictionary close by.  I looked up the word deadline in the dictionary. 
    
     deadline n. 1. a time limit for the completion of an activity, etc.
          2. a line beyond which prisoners are not allowed to go.

Right now, it seems as though I am a prisoner to deadlines with no time to enjoy life because of them.  In a way we are all prisoners to time because we only have so much of it.  Once time is gone we can never get it back.  I recognize in this moment that I need a break.  I'm goin huntin.   


               

6 comments:

Tim DeLise said...

I agree, life just seems to be a series of deadlines. You finish one and then there is another one..... Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!

KV said...

I laughed at the "not God, he doesn't email me" comment. :) haha!
And I feel ya on the deadlines thing...I left work way too late today because of them! But I'll tell ya what I told Hunter on his blog last week- "If you wait until the last minute, it only takes one minute to do!" :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Loreen said...

It is all so true about deadlines. I really liked the conclusion how you put it. Sometimes we just have to create fun out of everything in order to meet those deadlines. Otherwise, it will be all meaningless.

cupcake said...

HAHA! :) I think we all are feeling the end of semester burn, in my case burn out. I have not even been able to bring myself to post a blog, mostly becauce I just needed some days where I didnt do school work. I hope hunting went well. oh and I like def #2! thats me too!

BekkaRai said...

Cupcake is right...burnout! I think the only thing keeping us ALL going is the promise of Christmas BREAK! (though I realize that NONE of us get a break from everything....a break from HOMEWORK (and that NAGGING in your head) will be gone for a few short weeks!!) ENJOY IT!

Eazye said...

Don't look at it as a deadline only a pause before the continuation of another task. As we all know there is always another task so we just simply take a brief pause for the cause.We will experience one of those pause in about two weeks hallelujah.