I think I will blog about moments...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

moments

Monday, July 14, 2008
As we talked in class about pastoral care and all of the dos and don’ts and rights and wrongs I couldn’t help but think of the previous paragraph. Recognizing the moment; I have been thinking a lot about it since I wrote it. I have been trying to figure out why I would wake up with those words in my head. I have been looking at experiences with those words in my head. What does God have for me in this situation? What does God want me to learn from this? What is it about this moment that I need to pay special attention to? Giving each moment the attention that it deserves would be very important in pastoral care and spiritual guidance. Those moments in people’s lives when they turn to their pastor for wisdom, prayer, advice, etc. are critical moments and we have to be very aware of that. But, aside from the pastoral care aspect, I should look at every moment as a moment that I can experience God…or love…or friendship…or pain…or separation and give that moment the attention it deserves.

No comments: